As an engineering-based consulting practice, we are able to present practical and cost-effective noise mitigation treatments to an advanced stage of design. This ensures that the solutions presented will be robust, workable and durable, without sacrificing aesthetic considerations.
Design services extend to:
- Route Selection and Optimisation Studies
- Barriers Mounding and Enclosures
- Building Sound Insulation Design
- Terminal and Maintenance Facilities
- Acoustical Design of Transportation Interchanges
- Development of Noise Policy Documentation
In the longer term, reduction of individual vehicle emissions (locomotives and railway rolling stock) is the most cost-effective approach to reducing excessive environmental impacts from railway transportation noise. Services provided are:
- Testing and Design of Quiet Railway Vehicles
- Design of Locomotive Engine Mufflers and other Silencers
- Australian Design Rule Testing for Road Vehicles
- Development and Testing of Quiet Road Vehicles
- Design of Controls for Trucks and Off-Road Mining Vehicles
- Design of Engine Mufflers and other Silencers
Sophisticated computer modelling techniques are now available to assist in predicting future patterns of noise emission from all forms of transportation with a high level of confidence.
This modelling considers roadway and railway design, traffic volumes and vehicle types, terrain features, noise mitigation measures, weather conditions and receiver locations. The modelling can also accommodate reflected noise and the "barrier effects" of buildings.
Our services include:
- Railway and Roadway Noise Prediction
- Aircraft Noise Exposure Forecasting
- Transportation Noise Surveys
- Impact Assessment Reports
- Noise Emission Contour Modelling
- Acoustical Design of Developments near Transportation Corridors
- Design of Noise Barriers and other Mitigation
Modelling software comprises SoundPLAN, which invokes the "standard" algorithms used for traffic noise modelling throughout Australia, Europe, Asia and the Americas - CORTN, FHWH, Nordic Rail Model, etc. Australia's Environmental Noise Model is also used in some circumstances.
Roadway, railway and airport designs can be directly imported to the noise modelling software from AutoCAD, MOSS and other transportation system design tools.
This is not an exhaustive list of our areas of expertise in the field of Acoustics. If you would like to find out more about the services we offer in this area, please contact us here.